Stay-at-Home Chalk Art
May 4 – 31, 2020
Presented by Public Art Reston
In partnership with Reston Community Center, Reston Association, Reston Town Center Association,
Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce, and Reston Historic Trust & Museum
While we all should be sheltering in place and safely social distancing, our imaginations and creativity have no such constraints. These wonderfully innate capacities are able to roam free in any direction that our minds might take them. Public Art Reston is providing a fun way, during the month of May, to safely tap into these free-roaming talents with a Stay-at-Home Chalk Art virtual event. Kicking off officially on Monday, May 4, Stay-at-Home Chalk Art will take place each week in May with the final week scheduled for May 25-31. Each week will have a different theme posted on Monday on Public Art Reston’s website, Facebook page and other social media. The four themes include:
• May 4 – Fantasy – Even though we are staying home let your imagination soar & create your own fantastical creature, people, place. View Photo Album.
• May 11 – Spring into Nature. View Photo Album.
• May 18 –Favorite activities with your family. Fun with family and friends. View Photo Album.
• May 25 – On Memorial Day, we celebrate military heroes, draw your favorite hero(s). View Photo Album.
• June 1st – Class of 2020 – To celebrate this milestone Public Art Reston encourages Restonians to chalk an art piece congratulating all 2020 graduates whether from South Lakes High School, Herndon High School, college, etc. View Photo Album.
Artists of all ages and skill levels – including children, families, businesses, and organizations — are welcome to participate. Simply find a safe place to chalk (driveways, sidewalks, traffic free pavement) to join in this virtual shared art-making event.
Take a moment to review the Participation Guidelines.
Although we cannot physically be together, for the time being, we can all safely connect and be united by creating art in public places, using our driveways and sidewalks as our canvas.