- Participants will supply their own chalks – water-based, environmentally friendly products are recommended.
- Chalks are available through Amazon (consider donating to Public Art Reston through Amazon Smile when you make a purchase), JoAnne’s, Michaels, and other online craft and art supply sites. Many offer curbside pick-up. Or may make your own chalk.
OTHER SUGGESTED ITEMS
- Wisk broom or brushes for cleaning the drawing surface before you start. Do not blow dust particles.
- Umbrellas, sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, etc. to guard against the hot sun.
- Plastic to cover your artwork in case of rain.
- Water and a cloth or sponge to erase unwanted parts of your design.
- Old towels or rags to clean up as necessary.
- Straight edge, masking tape, or “snap” tool for creating sharp borders or geometry.
- Something to sit or stand on to avoid smearing your work such as a pillow, gardener’s pad, knee pads or yoga mat to kneel on.
- A chalkboard eraser, foam, terry cloth, or short-cut brushes for blending larger areas of color.
- Camera to take photos of your creation!